Corned Beef is a staple American recipe and eaten during any and all meals.
In this Sous Vide Corned Beef Recipe, we’ll prepare corned beef in the sous vide method for a healthier result, without preservatives or artificial flavors.
I also include a bonus recipe for a Corned Beef Chili Salad.
Sous Vide Corned Beef Recipe
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Vacuum Sealer
- Large Vacuum Seal Bags
- 200 ml Wide Mouth, Glass Jar Containers with Lids
- 2.2 lbs (1 kg or 35 ounces) Beef Shoulder
- 2 tbsp Pistachio
- 10 Juniper Berries
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2.7 Ounces (50 grams) Salt
- Juices of 3 Lemons
- 3 Lemon Peel
- 1 tsp Chili Pepper Flakes
- Begin by setting the sous vide cooker to 69°C / 156°F.
- Prepare the meat by removing the excess fat with a knife, while keeping the meat whole.
- Insert the beef inside the vacuum bag and add the juniper berries, the bay leaves, the lemon peels and the lemon juice. Then add 200ml of water and the salt.
- Carefully seal the vacuum bag and cook the beef shoulder for 60 hours.
- When it's done cooking, let the beef sit at room temperature to cool.(From here, read below for a continuation to a great Corned Beef Chili Salad)
- Slice up the corned beef for a tasty Reuben or pastrami sandwich. Corned beef also goes great with sous vide carrots and cabbage.
Corned Beef Chili SaladThis is a continued flavorful chilled version that goes great with salads.
- Once the beef is at room temperature, insert the corned beef inside the glass containers until 3/4 full, then add the pistachio and chili flakes.
- Add a bit of the cooking juices from the bag and close with a lid.
- Put the jars in the fridge for 3 hours and the meat will become a whole small brick.
- Serve it with lemon juice, chili and a salad.
These are some other sous vide recipes to take a look at.