Sous vide brisket is one of my favorite dishes with the sous vide cooking method. This sous vide brisket recipe results in a perfectly cooked brisket and a tasty sauce too.
Brisket is a favorite food of many people due to its tenderness and delicious flavor. Brisket can be hard to cook with other cooking methods like grilling, because you’re never quite sure what the temperature is inside the meat.
But sous vide’s precise temperatures and timings make cooking brisket easy.
This Sous Vide Brisket Recipe will help you make perfect brisket every time without the hassle!
Sous Vide Brisket Recipe
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Seal Bags
- 21 Ounces (600 grams) Brisket Beef
- 1 Ounce (30 grams) Butter
- 3 tbsp Oliver Oil
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Ounce (30 grams) Paprika
- 1 Rosemary Branch
- 5 Juniper Berries
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- Set the Sous Vide Cooker to 68°C / 154°F.
- While waiting for the water to heat, peel and slice the carrot and the onion.
- Insert the carrot, onion, and brisket into the vacuum seal bag.
- Then add the salt, pepper, paprika, olive oil, butter, rosemary, and juniper berries into the vacuum bag.
- When the water hits the target temperature, place the vacuum sealed bag into the container.
- Let the brisket cook for the next 27 hours.
- Once the brisket is finished cooking, let's separate the liquid that has formed inside the bag and the brisket itself.
- Pour the liquid and the vegetables into a bowl, as we will blend it later to prepare a sauce.
- Take the brisket out of the bag and dry it using a paper tissue.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet, and put over high heat.
- Roast the brisket well in the skillet, and add 1 pinch of salt.
- It is now ready to be served.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients from the bag into a sauce. Season with salt and pepper, then pour on the meat for additional flavor.
Do check out other sous vide recipes. These are some popular ones: