Sous vide brisket is one of my favorite dishes with the sous vide cooking method. This sous vide brisket recipe results in a perfectly cooked brisket and a tasty sauce too.
Sous Vide Brisket Recipe
Brisket is essentially beef chest.This cut of meat is lean, with a low to mid amount of tendons and connective tissue.So this cut is perfect to prepare sous vide resulting in tender and juicy brisket. This meat requires a long cooking time, so it’s recommended to prepare it one or two days in advance.
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Seal Bags
- 21 Ounces (600 grams) Brisket Beef
- 1 Ounce (30 grams) Butter
- 3 tbsp Oliver Oil
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Ounce (30 grams) Paprika
- 1 Rosemary Branch
- 5 Juniper Berries
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- Set the Sous Vide Cooker to 68°C / 154°F.
- While waiting for the water to heat, peel and slice the carrot and the onion.
- Insert the carrot, onion, and brisket into the vacuum seal bag.
- Then add the salt, pepper, paprika, olive oil, butter, rosemary, and juniper berries into the vacuum bag.
- When the water hits the target temperature, place the vacuum sealed bag into the container.
- Let the brisket cook for the next 27 hours.
- Once the brisket is finished cooking, let's separate the liquid that has formed inside the bag and the brisket itself.
- Pour the liquid and the vegetables into a bowl, as we will blend it later to prepare a sauce.
- Take the brisket out of the bag and dry it using a paper tissue.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet, and put over high heat.
- Roast the brisket well in the skillet, and add 1 pinch of salt.
- It is now ready to be served.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients from the bag into a sauce. Season with salt and pepper, then pour on the meat for additional flavor.
Potatoes are a great side dish for the brisket too.
Do check out other sous vide recipes. These are some popular ones: