Today we’re going to prepare delicious egg bites, cooked sous vide, and we are going to enrich this recipe by turning it into a low carb, keto-bomb recipe.
The perfect Keto Sous Vide Egg Bites recipe that will rival your favorite Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites – in the comfort of your own home.
It’s a simple recipe featuring a few ingredients, mess-free preparation and will take just some time.
Table of Contents
Keto Sous Vide Egg Bites Ingredients
This egg bites recipe makes 4 servings:
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1.5 oz Tiny Bacon Dices
- 1 Tomato
- 4 tsp Grated Cheese
- 1.5 oz Mushrooms
Sous Vide Equipment Needed
- 4 ounce Mason Jars or Jelly Jars
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Set the sous vide cooker to 76°C / 170°F
- In the meantime, create the egg mixture. Break 6 eggs inside a blender, and add the two egg whites.
- Add a pinch of salt (1 tsp salt) and start to blend.
- Warm up the bacon dices in a small pan, we want it to sweat and release all of the fat.
- After the bacon has become crunchy and browned we can stir away all of the fat.
- Add the cheese in the blender, and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour everything in a bowl.
- Cut and add the mushrooms and the tomato in the bowl with the eggs.
- Whisk for a minute until the egg starts to mount and proceed to fill the small glass cups. Sprinkle bacon on top and close the jar’s lid.
- When the Sous Vide Cooker is at the right temperature of 76°C (170°F), insert the mason jars in the Sous Vide Container and cook for 15 minutes (if you like your egg bites more soft) to 18 minutes (for a firmer consistency).
- When they’re ready, take the jars out of the water bath, and let the egg bites rest until they’ve cooled down.
- Take them out of the cups and serve cold or slightly warmed up in the microwave.
There are plenty of other ingredients you can add to customize and personalize your egg bites to fit your keto diet or other nutritional needs. Makes for a convenient breakfast recipe.
Some of the favorites are cottage cheese, sun dried tomato, monterey jack cheese, feta cheese, gruyere cheese, swiss cheese, fresh basil, green onion, and cooked sausages.
If you like things a little less healthy, you can add heavy cream or sour cream.
Even add a kick with hot sauce.
Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites
Another way to make sous vide egg bites without a sous vide machine is to use an Instant Pot and silicone molds. You’ll want to use a 6 quart instant pot or larger. You can pour the egg mix into the
Egg bites are also a great meal prep recipe and microwaved if needed.
If you love these, be sure to check out my Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites Bacon Gruyere Recipe!
And if you need a simpler morning egg recipe, try Hard-Boiled Eggs Sous Vide.