Keto Sous Vide Egg Bites
- 4 ounce Mason Jars or Jelly Jars
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1.5 Ounces Tiny Bacon Pieces
- 1 Tomato
- 4 tbsp Grated Cheese
- 1.5 Ounces Mushrooms
- Set the sous vide cooker to 76°C / 170°F.
- In the meantime, create the egg mixture. Break 6 eggs inside a blender, and add the two egg whites.
- Add a pinch of salt (1 tsp salt) and start to blend.
- Warm up the bacon dices in a small pan, we want it to sweat and release all of the fat.
- After the bacon has become crunchy and browned we can stir away all of the fat.
- Add the cheese in the blender, and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour everything in a bowl.
- Cut and add the mushrooms and the tomato in the bowl with the eggs.
- Whisk for a minute until the egg starts to mount and proceed to fill the small glass cups.
- When they’re ready, take the jars out of the water bath, and let the egg bites rest until they’ve cooled down.
- Take them out of the cups and serve cold or slightly warmed up in the microwave.
Extra CustomizationsThere are plenty of other ingredients you can add to customize and personalize your egg bites to fit your keto diet or other nutritional needs. Makes for a convenient breakfast recipe. Some of the favorites are cottage cheese, sun dried tomato, monterey jack cheese, feta cheese, gruyere cheese, swiss cheese, fresh basil, green onion, and cooked sausages. If you like things a little less healthy, you can add heavy cream or sour cream. Even add a kick with hot sauce.
Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg BitesAnother way to make sous vide egg bites without a sous vide machine is to use an Instant Pot and silicone molds. You’ll want to use a 6 quart instant pot or larger. You can pour the egg mix into the molds. Egg bites are also a great meal prep recipe and microwaved if needed. Enjoy!
Ideas for Your Sous Vide Egg Bites
You could be the master of the kitchen in minutes if you have this keto egg recipe on hand. It couldn’t be easier to prepare and take to work, school or on the go. This easy keto breakfast recipe includes all the flavors you love, but without any carbs or sugar. You’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing it’s going to make you feel awesome the rest of the day.
It can take some time to get your taste buds used to new foods but these low-carb egg muffins are an excellent keto snack. This recipe can also be made with egg whites too.
You can add some low carb veggies to them. You don’t have to cook them first to get them to puff up – just make sure to let them cool for about 30 minutes before you eat them so they don’t lose all of their airy puffiness.
Green peppers, onions, and zucchini are all low carb veggies. They’re also a good source of fiber and potassium. If you add other meat that’s not already flavored, you can also season your meat before cooking it. Seasoning your meat right will allow you to cook it better and also get a better flavor.
This is the perfect recipe to make in the morning before heading out for your day. If you have kids in your house, then there’s no need to feel bad about cooking this dish for them. It can be made into many different dishes to fit your kids’ tastes.
Also check out these other sous vide recipes: