Most of the time we’ll smoke or grill salmon. But there’s a better way to bring out the flavors and get that perfect center, and it’s sous vide.
This Sous Vide Salmon Recipe is one of my favorites.
Sous Vide Salmon Recipe
Salmon is a great food, rich in proteins and omega 3.This Sous Vide Salmon recipe will help keep all those nutrients intact and taste great at the same time with a special tomato sauce.The recipe calls for 1 oz. of Vodka to bring out more flavors, but you can skip it if you don't want any alcohol.
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Seal Bags
For the Salmon
- 14 Ounces (400 grams) Salmon Fillet
- 1 Ounce (30 grams) Cane Sugar
- 0.7 Ounces (20 grams) Salt
- Orange and Lemon Peel
- 1 Ounce (30 grams) Vodka
For the Sauce
- 10 Small Tomatoes
- 0.5 Onion (half)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Capers
- Set the sous vide cooker at 60°C /140°F and begin to prepare the salmon fillets.
- Insert the salmon in a vacuum seal bag. Add the sugar, salt, vodka and lastly the orange peel.The vodka is optional, but it’s the most effective way to extract the flavor of the orange and lemon peels. It'll help the salmon to get those flavors faster.
- Seal the vacuum bag and put it in the water bath. Let the salmon cook for 35 minutes. In the meantime, let’s prepare a tomato sauce to complement the salmon.
- Cut the small tomatoes into 4 wedges, and heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a small pan.
- Add the capers to the pan and let them simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion, let it cook for 3 minutes at low heat, then add the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Your sauce is ready now.
- When the salmon is done, take it out and dry it.
- Roast the salmon in a hot pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. This will give us a roasted and crunchy salmon skin, and it will add more flavor to the salmon.
Serve the salmon warm, and spread the tomato sauce we made earlier on it. It’s possible to blend the tomatoes into a smooth sauce. That will be a great base for the salmon. Another possible complement are potatoes, oven cooked or baked.
Check out these other tasty recipes: