Sous vide roast beef is one you’ll love to sink your teeth into. Cooked sous vide for the ultimate tender, juicy and flavorful roast beef. No more dry, grayish meat. This is one rare cut that you can enjoy every night of the week.
Sous vide roast beef is the perfect meal when you don’t have a lot of time to cook. All you need is a water bath and this recipe. Set your sous vide cooker to the temperature and time in the recipe, place the beef in a vacuum sealed bag, and drop it in the water bath to cook. Then pull it out when the time is up. Give it a sear all around and that’s it.
Sous Vide Roast Beef Recipe
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Seal Bags
- 17 Ounces Beef Entrecôte(boneless rib eye, 500g / 1.06 lbs)
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- 3 Ounces Butter
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Seed Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Set the sous vide cooker at 57°C / 135°F to preheat the water. This is the right temperature for beef to get that perfect pink center.
- Place the beef in the vacuum seal bag, add the rosemary, and the vegetable seed oil. Add the garlic clove and seal the bag.
- When the water is heated, place the bag into the sous vide container. Cook for 16 hours.
- Once the beef has finished cooking, take it out of the vacuum sealed bag.
- Discard the whole liquids, and dry the meat down.
- Melt and heat the butter in the cast iron skillet.
- Place the roast beef on the hot skillet, and let it roast in the butter until all sides are golden brown.
- Season with salt as desired and it's ready to eat. Thinly slice the roast beef and enjoy!
Check out these other recipes for more great food cooked sous vide: