You won’t believe how easy it is to make great short ribs with this delicious sous vide short ribs recipe. The sous vide technique seals in the juices and tenderizes the meat, while also helping you ensure that your meat comes out perfectly cooked every time – even when cooking for large numbers of people at the same time!
Sous Vide Short Ribs Recipe
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Seal Bags
- 2.2 lbs Short Ribs (1 kg or 35 oz)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Rosemary Branch
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Pepper
- 7 Ounces Red Wine (200 ml)
- 1 BBQ Sauce
- Set the sous vide cooker at 55°C / 131°F to preheat the water in the sous vide container. In the meantime, we'll prepare the meat.
- The first thing we need to do is to wash the short ribs. Since short ribs are high in fat, they tend to create many fluids from the fat inside the vacuum seal bag. Washing them will help prevent this.
- Dry the short ribs with paper towels and insert them in the vacuum seal bag.
- Crush and place the garlic clove inside the vacuum bag with the short ribs.
- Add the paprika, red wine, chili pepper, and rosemary branch in the bag.
- Vacuum seal the bag to prepare cooking.
- Cook the short ribs for 45 hours.
- Once the short ribs are done sous vide cooking, preheat the oven at the max temperature.
- Take the short ribs out of the vacuum bag and place them on an oven dish.
- Brush the short ribs with the BBQ sauce, and insert them in the oven.
- They will form a delicious glazing on the surface.
- Once they’re roasted, the short ribs are ready to be served.
Looking for more sous vide recipes? Check out these delicious ones: