Who doesn’t love a tender sirloin steak?
This recipe will show you how to cook a perfect sous vide sirloin steak every single time, whenever you want. This recipe will show you how to cook a tender and juicy sous vide sirloin steak whenever you want.
Sous Vide Sirloin Steak
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Seal Bags
- 14 Ounce Sirloin (400g)
- 2 Red Sweet Bell Peppers
- 1 Ounce Butter (30g)
- 1 Anise Star
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Licorice Stick
- 3 Baby Carrots
- 50 ml Fresh Cream
- If your sirloin still has the bone, start by removing the bone.
- The next step is to set the sous vide cooker at 54°C / 129°F to preheat the water bath.
- Place the sirloin in the vacuum bag. Add the anise star, bay leaves and 2 tbsp of olive oil into the bag.
- Vacuum seal the bag and when the water is heated, put the bag into the container to cook for 7 hours.
- A few hours before the meat is ready, crush the licorice stick and place it in a pan.
- Add the butter and melt over low heat. Let the licorice stick slowly fry in the butter for 5 minutes, paying attention to not burn the butter. The flavor of the licorice will be infused in the butter.
- Dice the red sweet peppers into medium pieces.
- Now take another pan, heat the remaining olive oil in it, and toss the sweet red bell peppers in it. Sauteé until they start to become soft, then add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp of water, and continue to cook over low heat. At this point the red peppers should be soft.
- Blend them with a drip of olive oil and add the cream to create the red bell pepper sauce.
- Once the meat has cooked, remove it from the vacuum bag, and place it on a hot pan.
- Roast the sirloin on all sides, then serve as slices or diced.
- Pour the red bell pepper sauce on the sirloin steak (or on the side) and drip the licorice butter on.
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of these: