A tenderloin is a cut of meat that has a thick, long strip of the loin muscle. It’s very lean, with a high percentage of protein when compared to other cuts of beef. As such it’s not what most people would consider “juicy” or “tender,” but a quick sear in sous vide can get them there in just 30 minutes!
This easy-to-make sous vide tenderloin recipe will make a juicy, tender, and delicious piece of beef tenderloin for you, your family, and friends to enjoy.
Sous Vide Tenderloin Recipe
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Vacuum Sealer
- Vacuum Seal Bags
- BBQ Grill or Skillet
- 14 Ounces Beef Tenderloin (400 g)
- 1 tbsp Juniper Berries
- 1 Anise Star
- 2 tsp Sichuan Pepper
- 7 Ounces Salt (200 g)
- 4.4 Ounces Brown Sugar (125 g)
- Spices (i.e., Dried Rosemary, Dried Sage)
- Wash the tenderloin. Don't cut or discard any fat or other parts yet.
- Dry the tenderloin and place it in a bowl.
- Mix the salt and the sugar together, and cover the tenderloin with it.
- Let it sit for 2 hours in the fridge.Note that it’s possible to make it rest and marinade for a maximum of 12 hours. After this time, the meat will be too dry and too salty to be consumed.
- When it's about the time for you to take the tenderloin out of the fridge, preheat the sous vide cooker to 59°C / 138°F.
- Take the beef out of the fridge. Wash it again, and this time remove all traces of fat and loose parts
- Place the beef into the vacuum seal bag.
- Add the Sichuan pepper, anise star and juniper berries in the sous vide bag.
- Cook in the sous vide container for 4hours.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the vacuum bag. Dry it and then rub it with the spices.
- Roast on the BBQ grill to get a nicely browned surface.
- Serve with sauce of your choice and sous vide vegetables. Enjoy!
For more delicious sous vide recipes, check these out: