Turkey is usually reserved for holidays like Thanksgiving and sliced for deli sandwiches. One of the hardest parts of cooking a turkey is keeping it tender and moist.
That’s where the sous vide method comes in. This Sous Vide Turkey Recipe will help keep the turkey juicy, tender, and flavorful.
Table of Contents
Sous Vide Turkey Recipe
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Vacuum Seal Bags
- Vacuum Sealer
- Tread/String to ties the turkey
- 1 Small-Medium Turkey (28 oz/800g)
- 1 Rosemary Branch
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 tsp Salt
- 1 Orange Peel
- 1 Lemon Peel
- 3 Laurel Leaves
- Black Pepper
- Start by setting the sous vide cooker to 76°C / 165°F to preheat the water.
- Now put the whole turkey piece in a bowl, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, the salt and the pepper. Massage the ingredients into the turkey well.
- Lay the turkey flat on the table, put the rosemary branch on the top of it. Start tying the turkey by making three turns around the meat, then tie and repeat.This step is needed to keep the turkey's shape while cooking.
- Put the turkey in the vacuum bag. Add the remaining olive oil, laurel leaves, and the orange and lemon peels into the bag.
- We're now ready to cook it.Vacuum seal the bag, and the place it in the sous vide container with the water already heated to 76°C / 165°F
- Cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, let the turkey cool down and only when cool, take the turkey out of the bag.
- The next step is to roast it, since it will be very tender and juicy, but completely white. Dry the turkey using paper towels.
- Put a pan over high heat and pour 2 tsp of olive oil in it. Then toss the turkey into the pan the hot pan. Roast 35 seconds per side, until they’re all browned.
- The turkey is done and ready to eat.
Check out other popular recipes: