The Chefman Sous Vide Cooker is a simple, powerful, and easy to use immersion circulator to make restaurant-quality food at home. I’ve noticed some small inconsistencies in my research, but it’s still a good value for what it gives the home chef.
That’s what sous vide is all about, making home chefs out of all of us. Precise, accurate temperatures that will keep the juices and taste, while maintaining the nutritional quality of the food. All while perfectly cooking your food.
The immersive circulator includes a 360 ° directional pump and a touch screen LCD. The built-in Smart Sensor monitors the volume of water, and the flexible device fits most sous vide water containers.
Simply put the food in a vacuum-sealed bag. For more taste, add spices and sauces inside the bag with your food. For those who love to marinate, you can also marinate your steak and fish overnight in the refrigerator.
If you’re not one to sit around watching your water boil, the Chefman Sous Vide Cooker has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities. You’ll be able to use a Chefman Sous Vide app to control the immersion circulator. Imagine laying down and putting your feet up, using your mobile phone or table cooking from anywhere.
Features and Benefits
Restaurant Quality Cooking
Chefman-infused pots can easily make restaurant-quality dishes at home. Its high-quality PTC heat technology allows water to maintain accurate water temperature for optimal cooking conditions.
Bluetooth and WIFI
With Bluetooth and WI-FI connections set up, you can cook from anywhere you want. You can be in your backyard and start or stop the Chefman immersion circulator.
You can get simple recipes to complete your meal. Perfectly cooked steaks, chicken, ribs, eggs, and more.
Mobile App for Guidance
The Chefman mobile app can be downloaded on Google Play for Android or Apple’s App Store for iOS.
Download the Chefman sous vide app for access to step-by-step recipes, temperature guides, how-to videos, tips, and more. Chefman is trying to make sure you’re going to use your Chefman for many, many delicious meals.
If you love steaks and other meats, the app will have you taken care of with all the recipes and instructions on how to cook some great steaks.
Safe, Multifunctional, and Easy to Use
The immersive circulator’s 360-degree directional pump and a touch screen display helps to perfectly cook your food. The directional pump will ensure that the container or pot’s water is evenly heated.
The touch screen is great for those times when your phone isn’t nearby. Just another way for you to control your immersion circulator. It’ll prove to be useful as I mention later when talking about the performance.
There’s also a built-in Smart Sensor that monitors the water volume to make sure you have the best water level for the Chefman precision cooker. It’s also a flexible device and fits most pots and containers.
Chefman sous vide precision cookers are one of the best sous vide cookers out there. The Chefman circulator has 1100 Watts of power and is made of stainless steel. Powerful and sleek!
- Power: 1100 Watts
- Wireless Connectivity: WiFi and Bluetooth
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 3.5 x 15.6 inches
- Item Weight: 3.6 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3.6 pounds
- Materials: Stainless Steel
- Manufacturer: Chefman
The build quality feels solid and well made. I didn’t pick it up and think “this feels cheap.” On the flip side, I’m not holding it thinking “it’s so well made.” It’s somewhere in the middle and is solidly built. The upper half also doesn’t get super hot when cooking, so I can still pick it up when it’s done cooking.
The device has been in use for almost a month and everything works well in terms of cooking at a certain temperature.
My main complaint is that Bluetooth and WiFi will occasionally disconnect. When it does connect to WiFi or Bluetooth, it’s great to control it wirelessly.
But if you’re someone who doesn’t mind controlling through the cooker’s touchscreen, the Chefman could be a great value. It’s the same situation with the Kitchen Boss G300 and G310 as they don’t have WiFi or Bluetooth.
When setting up the temperature on the Chefman, I found it skips quickly and too easily sometimes. I might be at 150 degrees Fahrenheit and then it jumps 10 degrees. It can be a bit annoying, so you may want to go with the tapping method and not press and hold.
The immersion circulator also beeps when it starts heating the water up, then when it reaches your desired temperature, and finally when the scheduled time is reached. If you have a loud household like me with the kids, you may not hear the beeps. So just keep an eye on it through the app or at the touchscreen.
The flexible clamp is also great because it’ll fit various containers and pots. As for the cooker slipping and not being stable, I didn’t experience it myself.
Chefman Sous Vide Cooker Pros and Cons
Cooking with the Chefman Sous Vide Precision Cooker has a number of good features.
- 360 ° Directional Pump – Consistent and evenly distributed water temperature in the container.
- Multiple Ways to Control – Touch screen LCD and mobile app through WiFi or Bluetooth.
- Built-in Smart Sensors – Automated water level monitoring.
- Mobile App – For iOS and Android smartphones. Great recipes, instructional videos, tips, guides, and more.
- 1100 Watts of Power – This is a powerful sous vide cooker that’s under $100. The higher wattage will help the cooker heat up the container’s water quickly. Took about 20 minutes to get to 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fits Most Containers – The clamp’s flexibility allows it to hook onto most containers and pots.
- Price Value – Well-priced for the features you’re getting. It’s a solid immersion circulator and others with this much power are usually 2-3 times the price.
There’re a good number of advantages for sure, but it’s not perfect. The Chefman precision cooker does have some drawbacks
- Wireless Instability – Didn’t always function consistently and would have connection issues once in a while. Maybe it’s my home with all the electronics I have around that use wireless connections.
- Clamp Slippage – Some have said that it’s not as stable when it’s hooked on to a container, but the majority of people haven’t seen that.
Overall, the Chefman sous vide precision cooker is a good value. It’s reasonably priced, especially for the 1100 Watts and wireless control that the Chefman gives you.
It’s not up to the Anova Precision Cooker quality though. Anova makes top quality sous vide products, Breville Joule as well. Those are more expensive, but they’re also higher quality overall and less inconsistencies with the reviews.
If you’re just starting out on your sous vide journey, the Chefman precision cooker is a great way to start out sous vide cooking.
What is Sous Vide?
1. Sous vide cooking involves submerging vacuum-sealed food into a water container, so it cooks at a specific temperature and time period. Beef, chicken, fish, pork, vegetables, and desserts are protected from overcooking or undercooking.
2. The food’s tasty juices and various seasonings are kept intact inside the vacuum-sealed bags for incredibly flavorful food. For new food experiences, different from traditional recipes.
3. Sous vide cooking keeps the food’s nutrients safe inside the bag, so you get all the benefits from your food, especially the vegetables. In many of the traditional cooking methods, nutrients and vitamins are lost.
4. Sous vide cooking is as “set it and forget it” as you’ll get when it comes to cooking. The water warms to a specific cooking temperature for a specific amount of time.
5. Sous vide is a safer cooking method as there’re no open flames, boiling water, or hot oils. It aims to provide a specific temperature to remove bacteria while maintaining all the nutrients. It’s a perfect middle ground.
Can I Cook Multiple Types of Food at the Same Time?
Yes, with this machine you can cook many foods at once. Be sure to pack the food in separate, vacuum-sealed or ziplock bags. Also consider that it’s best if the food types and how long they need to cook at the specific temperature you’ve set your immersion circulator cooker at.